5 Favorite All Time Casseroles To Cook
A casserole can make a great meal, and as well as being affordable, it can also be tasty and filling. Here Are 5 top casseroles that have become our favorites!
1/ One Pot Beef Cabbage Casserole
Here’s an old one pot favorite that I just love. An Awesome One Pot Beef Cabbage Casserole that has lots of goodness and yummy flavor.
It has a wonderful mix of beef, cabbage, cheese and rice, and seasoning, and it’s all combined together….it’s seriously yum!
This smells great cooking on the stove. I first tried this yummy recipe late last year, never realizing how popular this dish would turn out at the dinner table, but it was a huge hit.
I’ve now made it number of times, and it’s definitely one of our go-to recipes that I know the whole family will enjoy.
It’s one of those meals that is super easy to cook up, because you’re just using one pan, but the end result is a wonderfully satisfying and filling meal. It’s also easily adaptable, try adding some red pepper flakes to this too or even a few other veggies.
A big thank you to Jaren at diaryofarecipecollector for this wonderful one pan recipe that the whole family will just love…
Here Are The Ingredients
- 2 lbs ground beef
- Salt and pepper or creole seasoning
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup rice, uncooked
- 3 large handfuls of roughly chopped cabbage
- 1 8 oz. can tomato sauce
- 2 cups of water
- 1 14 oz. can diced tomatoes, undrained (or Rotel if you want a bit spicy)
- 1 cup shredded cheese (Colby Jack or your favorite)
Here Are The Instructions
1. Season and brown ground beef and onions. Drain off grease.
2. Once onions are clear, add rice, cabbage, tomato sauce, 2 cups of water (or use tomato sauce can twice) and diced tomatoes. Stir.
3. Let it come to a boil and then reduce heat to medium low and cover to simmer for about 20 to 30 minutes or until rice is done and cabbage is soft. Do not lift lid before 20 minutes to make sure rice cooks well.
4. Once cooked, top with cheese and cover with lid to melt a few minutes.
Check out the original source for this recipe with all the directions as well as step-by-step photographs and helpful tips at: diaryofarecipecollector
For The Next Awesome Casserole & Step By Step Directions To Follow Please Head On Over To The Next Page Where We Show You How To Put Everything Together…