Awesome One Pot Beef Cabbage Casserole
Casseroles are a definite main meal of choice like this one pot family favorite. I really love eating cabbage, and it's good for you,
It contains vitamin C and vitamin K. Plus it is a good source of Folates which is also one of the essential components of DNA. Are you listening pregnant moms?
I try to get my kids to eat cabbage as much as possible! And what better way than combining it in a casserole such as this awesome recipe! Cabbage is anything but boring!
When you're after a tasty dish my compromise is to cook simple basic meals like this awesome One Pot Beef Cabbage Casserole and the best part is that it contains a lot of goodness and flavor.
This is like an easier version of making cabbage rolls. The process is pretty simple!
All you will need to do is to brown some beef, cabbage, cheese and rice, and seasoning, and combine it all together….it's seriously yum! Skip all the work of making cabbage rolls and make this yummy recipe all in one pot! Are you ready?
Here are the main ingredients that you will need to make sure that you have.
- 2 lbs ground beef.
- Salt and pepper or creole seasoning.
- 1 onion, chopped. An onion really adds to the flavor
- 1 cup rice, uncooked
- 3 large handfuls of roughly chopped cabbage
- 1 8 oz. can tomato sauce
- 2 cups of water
- 1 14 oz. can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup shredded cheese
With regards to the cheese, I love to use Colby Jack for this recipe, but feel free to add your own favorite cheese to the mix.
We also tend to use Rotel for our diced tomatoes as we like it a little spicy (not too hot though)
This smells great cooking on the stove. I first tried this yummy recipe late last year, never realizing how popular this dish would turn out at the dinner table, but it was a huge hit.
I've now made it number of times, and it's definitely one of our go-to recipes that I know the whole family will enjoy.
It's one of those meals that is super easy to cook up, because you're just using one pan, but the end result is a wonderfully satisfying and filling meal. It's also easily adaptable, try adding some red pepper flakes to this too or even a few other veggies.
A big thank you to Jaren at diaryofarecipecollector for this wonderful one pan recipe that the whole family will just love…
Here Are The Instructions
1. Season and brown ground beef and onions. Drain off grease.
2. Once onions are clear, add rice, cabbage, tomato sauce, 2 cups of water (or use tomato sauce can twice) and diced tomatoes. Stir.
3. Let it come to a boil and then reduce heat to medium low and cover to simmer for about 20 to 30 minutes or until rice is done and cabbage is soft. Do not lift lid before 20 minutes to make sure rice cooks well.
4. Once cooked, top with cheese and cover with lid to melt a few minutes.
And that's it done,
This is the full tasty version that we really love! If you want to get healthy on this recipe, try changing it around a little. Cut down on the salt, and opt for low fat cheese! Also consider adding some other veggies to this too.
Check out the original source for this recipe with all the directions as well as step-by-step photographs and helpful tips at: diaryofarecipecollector