Welcome to page 2
Easy Ginger Chicken And Asparagus Stir-Fry
A big thank you to Mel at melskitchencafe for this very easy and super yummy chicken dish! We loved it!
Here's what you'll need below
Here Are The Ingredients
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil (can use vegetable or canola also), divided, meaning you'll use one teaspoon first and the other 2 teaspoons later in the recipe
- 1 1/2 – 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs, cut into bite-size pieces
- Salt and pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced or pressed
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger (see note)
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 pound asparagus, tough ends trimmed, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 8 ounces white button or baby bella mushrooms, cleaned and quartered
- Hot, cooked rice or quinoa for servingSauce:
- 3/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
Here Are The Instructions
In a large, 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat one teaspoon of the oil over medium heat. Pat the chicken pieces dry and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook the chicken in a single layer in the hot skillet, flipping once or twice, until golden on each side, 2-3 minutes. Scrape the chicken to a plate and set aside (it will finish cooking in a next step).
Heat the remaining 2 teaspoons oil in the skillet and add the garlic, ginger and red pepper flakes. Cook, stirring constantly, for about a minute until the mixture smells fragrant. Add the asparagus and mushrooms and cook over medium-high heat, stirring often, for 4-5 minutes, until the asparagus is bright green and the mushrooms have started to brown and soften.
Add the chicken and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
Combine all the sauce ingredients in a small bowl or liquid measuring cup and whisk into the skillet. Bring the mixture to a simmer for 2-3 minutes, stirring often, until the sauce is has thickened slightly.
Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve immediately over rice or quinoa.
And that's it done,