When You Want An Easy NO Bake Crunchy Bar Favorite
These deliciously no bake crunchy bars are very easy to make, and are very tasty! We've added sea salt to these bars so you have the taste of salted caramel, but the sea salt is entirely optional in this recipe. Either way these are crunchy good fun, and a quick dessert to make in hurried time for the whole family.
I can't believe it only took 20 minutes to make…awesome….
Let's take a look at the ingredients you will need. You might already have some of these in your pantry!
- 48 Club Crackers
- 1 Cup of graham crumbs
- ¾ Cup of brown sugar
- ⅓ Cup of white sugar
- ⅓ Cup of milk
- ½ Cup of butter
- 3 Cup of chocolate chips
- Sea Salt (optional)
For the crackers I sometimes used wheat crackers, because they are a little more on the healthy side! 1 cup of graham crackers works out to be about 10 whole graham crackers.
When I use chocolate chips for this recipe I tend to mix them and use half semi sweet, and half milk chocolate. I think they taste great mixed like this!
You may have noticed I added some sea salt too. This is purely optional though, but we think it adds to the flavor here.
Here Are The Instructions
- Line a 9×13 pan with aluminum foil. Spray with nonstick baking spray.
- Line the bottom of the pan with half of the club crackers, cut if necessary to make them fit.
- Add brown sugar, white sugar, graham cracker crumbs, butter and milk to saucepan. Over medium heat bring it to a boil. Constantly stir while allowing mixture to gently boil for 5 minutes.
- Pour caramel mixture evenly over crackers in pan.
- Set remaining crackers on top of caramel mixture.
- Place chocolate chips in a microwave safe mixing bowl. Microwave at 30 second intervals, stirring after each interval, until chocolate is smooth and melted. Spread over the top cracker layer. Smooth..
And that's it done.
Just sprinkle sea salt over them if desired. Trust me, it's optional.
Plus, don't forget to place your cookies in the fridge for approximately 20 minutes to cool, and set. Or alternatively you could just leave them on the counter top for about an hour and half.
Once they have completely set, all you need to do is to cut them in to bars!
These work out to be such a wonderful treat, and you never who's coming around for coffee and cake,right?
No celebration is complete without a sweet treat to top it off. Enjoy!
It would be awesome if you could send us a photo or two of your no bake crunchy bars! We'd love to see them!
Check out the original source for this recipe with all the directions as well as step-by-step photographs and helpful tips at: littledairyontheprairie.com